What is a Mummy MOT?®
The Mummy MOT® is a specialist in-depth postnatal physiotherapy assessment recommended for all women following childbirth, this includes both vaginal and C-section deliveries.
When to book my Mummy MOT?
Six weeks after delivery is the earliest recommend time but even if you are still experiencing complications many years after delivery, you would also benefit from a Mummy Mot.
Tamara Figaji is a highly experienced Mummy MOT® certified practitioner. Her years of experience in sports medicine, women’s health as well as being a mom of two gives her a firm advantage when working with all women in different stages of life.
Mummy MOT assessment includes:
- 1 hour assessment
- Full postural screen
- Pelvic floor muscle assessment
- Abdominal muscle exam to check for any separation
- Screening for any bladder, bowel or sexual dysfunction
- You will be able to discuss the goals you specifically want to achieve, be it regaining fitness levels, returning to a running regime or just making activities of daily living easier.
- We will then agree on a treatment plan and you will be provided with personalised exercises to help with your recovery and get you on the road to achieving your specific goals.